This week, experiment with the power of mindfulness. Choose one or two to try:
- Slow down. (Walk slower.)
- Breathe. (Take 3 to 5 mindful breaths whenever you think of it.)
- Center. (Close your eyes for a few minutes. Become aware of the sensations in your body. Check in with yourself. Breathe in a sense of peace.)
- STAY: Stop, Take a deep breath, Attune, and Yield to what is.
- “Single task” rather than “multi-tasking”. (Be with the one thing you are doing.)
- Try this mantra: Be (in-breath) present (out-breath).
- Engage in a 5-minute daily practice of mindfulness. Breath. Listen. Be here.
Join us next week for our annual fleece blanket making activity on Thursday, November 20th at 9:30 am.
When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love. — Thich Nhat Hanh